Las Vegas Wedding Chapels started in 1942 with the construction of the Little Church of the West. See what sets this historic chapel apart from other Wedding Chapels in Las Vegas.
A Historic Las Vegas Wedding Chapel
The Little Church of the West, Las Vegas Wedding Chapel was conceived by William J. Moore Jr. in 1941 as part of his plans for a resort hotel, a relatively new venture in Las Vegas. Moore was an architect and builder for his uncle R.E Griffith of California. Moore described his reason for inclusion of a wedding chapel as an attempt to garner a share of the lucrative and expanding wedding chapel market in the area.
The original freestanding wedding chapel in Las Vegas
While the Little Church of the West was built to attract business to the Last Frontier, it was also the first such facility designed specifically as a wedding chapel. Others already in operation were converted from buildings which had a prior use.